Sunday 13 January 2019

Martin Chalk and the Search in Sheona published

Well I'm pretty chuffed that the latest in the Martin Chalk series has just been published on Amazon, last night as a matter of fact.

The story is starting to hit its groove and is becoming more fun to write. It feels less like me pushing events and more like the events are unfolding and I'm merely documenting what happens. A narrative often feels like a train to me ... slow to really get going fast but once it does, hard to stop.

The city of Sheona is, to me, a natural evolution of lawfulness being carried a bit too far, and I had fun with putting the straight-laced Martin into a situation where he was the guy that was the rebel and flirting with ending up on the wrong side of the Law.

I also had fun in creating the Nightcleaner, and something tells me we'll be seeing him again ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment